Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kilcoy Guest Tutor - introducing Kim Jeffress

Hi everyone
As some of you may know, Kim Jeffress will be joining us at the Kilcoy Retreat to teach a class on Saturday 4th May. I thought you might like to know a little about Kim, so I have asked her a few questions about her scrapping c
areer so far:-

 


1. How did you start in Scrapbooking and how long have you been doing it?

I started scrapping about 12 years ago when I first met my husband, he worked out of town during the week so I took up scrapbooking to fill in the nights at home alone!

2. What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?
I love that Im preserving my childrens' and my memories for the future.

3. What is your style?
I'm a pretty clean scrapper, having two boys I don't tend to add flowers and flourishes to my layouts. I like to use bold bright papers and add quirky bits and pieces to my layouts.

4. What are your favourite 3 products at the moment and what can’t you do without?
I love Heidi Swapp Memory Files, Heidi Swapp Color Pop collection and Bella Blvd chevron decorative tape. I can't do without anything yellow its my fav item to use on a page!

5. Where do you find inspiration for your layouts?
I get my inspiration from my boys, I look at the photos and create layouts according the memories I want to remember. I always colour match the papers to the photos

6. How do you get through Scrappers block?
I usually take a break for a couple of days and start a fresh with a new perspective.

7. What is the best advice you would give to newbie scrapbookers?
Take lots of photos and right down your memories in a book so you dont forget them.

8. What Design Teams have you been on or are currently with and where have you had your work published?
Currently I am on the DTs for Heidi Swapp, Bella Blvd, Basic Grey, Pebbles Inc and Greatest View flair. Last year I was a Scrapbooking memories magazine Master a highlight for me so far!

You can find me on my Blog: glasshalffull

Designing for
2012 Scrapbooking Memories Master
Heidi Swapp
BellaBlvd
BasicGrey
Pebbles Inc
Greatest-view

If you are thinking of coming along to the Retreat at Kilcoy to join Kim please go to the website and make your booking. It should be a fantastic class and I'm really looking forward to it.

Take care, Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment